Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Beginning The Year!

Hello Fellow Homeschoolers,

I am at a loss for words, summer has flown by with such speed that it has been a long time since I have posted.

The past few months have been a time for reflection on what needs to be completed this upcoming school year. Those include the challenges, the workload and weather or not I should teach at the co-op group we belong to or not.

Well, long story short I have struggled with so many issues these past few months. One, was what books we would be using. Second is making sure that we have covered all our bases these past few years since this is our senior year. Wow I can't believe this is our senior year! Life is going to be different. Lastly, do I bring my autistic son home or leave him in a special school where he is having difficulties.

I would like some of your opinions on what you do for your families especially those with special needs children. I am really struggling with this issue!

As for the books we have settled on using a wide variety of different books. I will be teaching not one or two classes but I am teaching four classes between two days. This ought to be interesting. I am looking forward to teaching a few of the classes and the other two I am worried about.

I will be teaching cooking around the world, Spanish 1 & 2, and Advanced Biology any suggestion are gratefully appreciated.

Well I will be posting as the weeks go by and more frequently to give you updates on our progress.

Enjoy the upcoming year and I am trying to think positive and so should you!

No comments:

Post a Comment