Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Martin Luther King, Jr.



I have found some resources for Martin Luther King, Jr and I thought that I would share them. The first link is that of his famous speech "I Have a Dream" dated August 28, 1963.
Please take the time to watch this wonderful speaker.
Please be sure to look under the video where you can also read the speech.

This link if of a slide show of photos that were taken by Benedict Fernandez between 1967 and 1968 the last year's of Mr. King's life.

This link has many books that you could possibly obtain at the library. Included next to the books is the age appropriateness.

Lesson Plans for 5th grade but I am sure that you could adapt them to any elementary grade that you may need. The lesson includes seven pages of information about Mr. King, new vocabulary, sentence building, crossword puzzles, and so much more. I found this to be a great resources.

This next link is for the middle and high schooler who can write or is learning to write a persuasive essay about Mr. King.

With this link you will need the Adobe file in order to open the document. It is three pages long and very well done.

I am hoping that these additional links will your child to understand the importance of Dr. King's mission. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment